Homage to "Our Lady of Guadalupe" - Pendant


Hi there, today I want to share a special project.  I love to work with my hands, and make unique jewelry pieces.  I wanted to make a heart with wings and I decided to use Creative Paperclay to sculpt this piece out, but first I had to sketch it out so I had an idea of what to create.

Here you can see the simple sketch of what I wanted to make.



Creating with Creative Paperclay is so much fun, I get my hands dirty, I get to make what ever I want to make and is so simple to use, all I needed was a bit of water and some wet paper towels.  I was so busy making this piece that I didn't take photos of the process, plus my hands were full of clay too. 

I created the heart first, it is a bit high in the center, I didn't want it to be flat, once I shaped the heart out, I simply carved some lines and added textured to the piece, once the heart dried, I started to add the wings little by little until I liked the end piece, this is not supposed to look "perfect" I wanted it have uneven sides, and the wings had to look different, this piece was handmade to be unique, I thought about making a mold but decided not to because this was to be unique and one-of-a-kind. 


Here is a closeup of the heart and the detail I added, wasn't sure what would be going in the center, but figured maybe a crystal or a button, or flower.


I used acrylic paints to paint the heart and wings and distressed it by sanding off some of the paint. I made two tiny holes on the wings to add jump rings and a chain.   I had this tiny little image of virgen "Guadalupe" in my bead box, and it turned out to be the exact size for the center of the heart and thought it was perfect.  I used Amazing Clear Cast Resin to seal this piece and to make it look a bit shiny, not too much, I also used the clear resin to adhere the sparkly button to the top of the heart, you gotta add some bling to this piece to finish it up.




The thing I love the most about creativity is the ability to create unique pieces, having the right products makes it all better and easier to accomplish this goal.  I hope you enjoy this piece, it is one of my favorites. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings