Welcome to another great Festive Friday Hop - creating Christmas cards all year with the exception of December has been something totally new to me, well making cards is something I had stopped many years ago, and this group of amazing designers has inspired me to pick it up again.   So join us by visiting all the blogs that are on the side of this post and you just might get inspired to join us. 

If you got here from Leslie Rahye http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/ , you are in the right place - however make sure you start over at Terri's blog  http://www.terrisproul.blogspot.com/

So some how this week just went too fast for me.  Or maybe I just didn't want Friday to get here too soon!!!  Well I made this card tonight.  Of all days I get home late from the office.  I had no idea what I was about to make and well what started as an easy card with a couple of materials turned into the opposite.  I had some of the goodies I got from Charity Wings form last CHA this year so I decided to use them and well here is my card, I wanted a tree and wanted red, I really like how it turned out and I hope you do too.



So after I put the card together I wanted to add some sparkle to the paper and placed drops of mod podge sparkle, left for a bit and then brushed it all over the card stock - wanted to see if the circles would stay to add a bit of texture,.
Here is the final card - somewhat different and well that is what I was going for. 

A close up that shows all the sparkle from the mod podge.  I used it on the tree, the paper I used for the tree was a n old music sheet, took the distress paints to cover the paper and added the gold mash with strung green glass beads with some beadalon green wire which I attached to the paper tree as if I was actually stitching with a needle. I was fun making this card and I hope you all like it. 
Here is a photo of all the materials and tools I used, I forgot to add the music sheet.



Well this is it for me this week, now I ask you to please check out Laura's blog http://www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com/ to see what great project she has done for us to enjoy.

Till next week's hop - keep on crafting...... keep on creating!!!!! and Share!!!

Comments

  1. love this card!!!!!the tree is amazing..
    Hugs..Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boldness of this card with the big stripes and sentiment across the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card...such great techniques...Beautiful and Fun...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love how ideas evolve and come out better than you imagine? Thanks for sharing your fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings