Showing posts from February, 2014

Just for fun!!

I was lucky to win an amazing supply of Smoothfoam products back in December and I want to share a small project, for starters; there will be lots more to come, I promise.

Now here in Indiana, we've had lots of snow this winter, and some weekends we've had to stay indoors and off the roads, this past weekend was one of those for me.  So I got crafty, worked on several projects and well I decided to make something simple to test how some of my favorite products would work on Smoothfoam.

 First, I took some 3D Viva Decor paints and colored the smoothfoam in two colors.  While the paint dried I took my Quick Snippers by LIMIRI, LLC and cut some strips of yellow Rowlux film.
I used my handy Westcott knife to cut slits all the way around in the middle of the smoothfoam deep enough to press the edge of the Rowlux strips into the foam then folding the strips to the top half of the smoothfoam  ball where all the strips were held together with a beaded pin. 
I took some viva decor glitt…

Just for You!!!!

I decided to create a small little album, that can be given as a Valentine gift.  I figured the person giving this can either add messages, notes, quotes, photos that relate to both the giver and the person receiving this gift.

I have a lot of Maya Road albums, so I decided it was time to start using these.  I took a pumpkin album and thought it looked like an upside down tulip flower, so I decided to go ahead and use it as if it was a flower.

First thing I did is added color to the album pages, I used an ink pad and well lets just say my hands ended up the same color too.  Once all the ink was dried, I traced one album page on several pages of valentine scrapbook pages I had on hand.  I used Quick Snippers to cut out the shape because it allows me to have 6 different design scissors on hand, all housed in one handy tool, it also includes a straight edge as you can see on the photos below, I used the straight edge to cut out around the sides and bottom of the shape, and then all the o…

Broken Heart... No More!!

The other day my daughter came to me all sad, and handed me a tiny heart pendant, it was a gift form one of my sisters, it has a lot of sentimental value.  The back of the heart fell off and the tiny little pink beads that were inside it fell out, she was not able to find the backing or the beads. She loves this necklace so she asked me if I could do something to fix it.

I had been working on some resin projects and had some left over glittered resin it just happened to be big enough to cut out a heart to use as a back for the pendant.    

I took an ink pad and applied to the tiny heart so it would transfer to a piece of white paper so I would be able to cut the heart out in the right size and create a template I could use to cut out a tiny heart of the resin leftover.
I placed the three crystals inside the heart pendant, added a little of the glossy accents to the edge of the heart and placed the little glittered resin heart I cut and placed it on the glossy accents, it dried pretty…