BACK TO THE BEACH!!!





May Arts May Craft Challenge is going BACK TO THE BEACH!!! .  I decided I wanted to take part in this challenge, now this is my first time entering a challenge so I'm a bit nervous - also because I am not used to making tutorials on how I come up with a project.  I am not used to working with themes, usually I just sit and make whatever comes to mind.  Having a theme has made me realize that I rather just make whatever comes to mind, simply because I had so, so many ideas, I had to make a decision as to what to make, and I think I'm going to make some jewelry too, but for now here it goes; my first item.  Hope you all like this as much as I do.

1.  Gathering all the materials to use;
(a) May Art ribbons #'S HX34, 369-15-04, 369-15-02 & AW33 (used for this project);
(b) tulip's  glitter champagen, soft fabric paint glitter sapphire, slick royal blue and color change white/blue;
(c) Fabric Mod Podge;
(d) shells (my sister just happened to give me these last week not knowing that I needed some) 

Some more materials, I realized I needed:
 (e) Bedalon non-tarnish wire (medium hard);
(f) Beacon Fabric Tac glue;
 (g) several pliers
(h) the tote I used was given at a craft social by Tulip fashion arts ( a sponsor)

Step 1:  I took Tulip's Glitter Champagne dimensional fabric and painted  about 1/3 of the bag ( this represents the sand)

Step 2: I used Tulip's Soft fabric paint glitter sapphire to paint right above the champagne color -  then I took tulip's slick royal blue and went over the sapphire - last color I used was Tulip's color change white/blue to paint the top part of the bag.  I tried not to let any of the paints dry, I like blending colors while wet for a nice effect.  Once done with all the painted, I let all the paints dry before going to the next step.

Step 3:  I used fabric mod podge by adding to the bag directly, I hand pleated the ribbons on the bag as  you see here on the picture; I let the glue dry overnight.

Step 4:  I added more fabric mod podge to the ribbons to ensure these will stay  after washing;  now the brown flower you see here is made from May Arts ribbon ( wired) I took one of the wires and gathered the ribbon, wrapped the ribbon into the shape of a rose, and once I had the flower as I wanted I stitched it as I wrapped the final flower .  Once I was done stitching I used beacon's fabric tac to glue the flower to the bag, I used it to on the small shells and glued them where i wanted them.  I waited a few hours while the glue dried.  I used Beadalon's wire to attache the star and some light pink shell beads I had to the purse as an added decoration.   I also used beacon's glue to add the blue ribbon on the top trim of the bag.

This is the final piece, I think I just might add some pearls to this bag,  some hanging from the rose and some at the bottom of the bag right below the ribbon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings