Friday, July 1, 2011

ALL DENIM HEADBAND

So last night I went up to my craft room and was not sure what to work on - I had been working with polymer clay for last couple of days and had all my materials on the table - decided to play with some alcohol inks on a luthrador sheet - finish coloring and well was not sure what to do with it, so I looked and looked around trying to see what I would really love to make.

I noticed the blank white plastic headbands I got from Michaels - saw all the pieces of denim from the pants I cut into shorts for my daughter - so I decided to make some headbands - days earlier I had covered one this headbands with dark blue denim in a patch form and left it alone not sure what to do with it next - well I decided to take the white denim and used some therm o web glue dots cut it up and added to the headband underneath - them used the hi temp glue gun and glue and started gluing the white denim as a wrapped it around the plastic headband

Well I decided once I was done wrapping to make a flower out of denim - I used white and light blue denim to make the flower - I fringed all the denim I used - because I love fringe on denim. when I was done with the flower - I decide to use all the strings I pulled out to make the fringe - took some fabric fusion glue and applied directly to the headband and just added the string on top of the glue - sadly found out I ran out of fabric fusion so I took out my beacon's fabric glue and finished adding the string.

Now it needed something else so I went and found my tulip's soft fabric paint - use the white and the blue glitter paint and just dabbed it all over  the strings on headband and flower - it helped to secure the strings i had just glued on the headband. this headband came out really pretty - looks amazing on! Love crafting this way - not knowing what and how but just knowing that I will end up with a project I love! hope you enjoy the pictures - here you can't really see all the glittery effect - but it sure looks great on and feels good too -
will be making a few more using denim in different
ways cause I don't like to duplicate my work - thinking I might color the strings before I use them to add more color - will have to wait and see what i come up with over the weekend - now I know what I'll be making.


Posted by Picasa

My Love for Art!

Hi there, for many, many years I've found art to be relaxing, to be an outlet to express how I feel, or to help me feel better. I love d...