Blue Denim Patch Headband



So last night after making the white and light blue denim headband, I took the one I had done days before - for this one I took pieces of dark blue denim from some pants I cut into shorts - not for me but for my daughter. I fringed all the sides of each piece of denim- did I mentioned I love fringed denim? well I do!

I had bought some pretty fabrics from Joann's last weekend and one was a sheer fabric with white little tiny glass beads - the color is somewhat like a coral - cantaloupe color- I just loved the fabric so I bought it - anyhow I had cut up a lot of this fabric to make petals - so I cut up some strips and burnt the edges to prevent fringe- not sure what I would use these strips for later, but I figure I would find a good use for them.

So any how I took the denim covered headband and looked at the sheer strips of fabric - started making a flower out the fabric using the hi temp hot glue - placed it on the headband - liked the color combination so I decided to glue it on the headband - added some more sheer fabric above and below the flower I had just glued to the headband

When done I took some tulip soft glitter pain in blue and added a bit of paint here and there, - and well - what can I say I loved the end result - a nice and pretty headband.

So all in all I made two denim covered headbands last night while the storm was happening - it was scary loud and so much lightning it looked more like fireworks, I have two walls in my room with nothing but windows so I could really see all lightning - my cat jumped on one of the windows to look outside - guess she liked all the lights.

Great evening I got to use some recycled good denim fabric and came up  with these two great headbands.


















Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings