Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ghost and goblins and witches and pumpkins - time for fun and candy!

I have been crafting since I was a kid, making clothes for my dolls and drawing - loved, loved it even more when I was in high school and took art - took a double period in my senior year instead of getting out of school early i took this double period class and I remember wishing my entire day every day would just be art!! later as I got older I got into making clothes for a while and loved it - when I had my first son, I discovered ceramics thanks to a friend, so I did ceramics for a long time and loved it! then i started making party favors using ceramics - then all sort of favors.

I just kept going from one type of craft to another and that is how it has been for the last 20 years and I have loved every minute of it.

Now card making is not something I have done much, I remember designing cards for one of my high school teachers after I graduated she asked me to make some for her - these cards back then were all hand drawn and colored, nothing like what I am doing now. She would take the cards and get them printed and used them when she needed them all year - this went on for a while.

A few years back I made some more cards, much more simple than these here, and I know there is a lot more I can make but as always i go from one medium to another, from one craft to another and so on.   I really had fun using the papers from DCWV for Halloween along with some of the stickers, I also used some embellishments from K& Company, Helmar glues, embossing powders, ink pads for distressing.  I had so much fun making these cards that I had to make some frames too - there are a couple of posts from yesterday for the Halloween frames.  Hope you enjoy my work!







Posted by Picasa


My Love for Art!

Hi there, for many, many years I've found art to be relaxing, to be an outlet to express how I feel, or to help me feel better. I love d...