pink water bottle headband

These are the materials I used to make a headband today during lunch - I thought maybe adding part of a water bottle would give the headband some shape.




this is the part of the water bottle that I used on this project

here you can see the part of the water bottle - as you can see it does give it shape - this will be the part of the headband that goes on the top of your head - it curves it a little so it will sit nicely on your head.

here you can see the finished head band base!

I added some eazy start tape to the part that has the water bottle band!

Here I took some white duck tape and covered it with the eazy start tape folded 2/3's and left the bottom exposed - I will need this glue part to adhere the tape to the headband - I'm going to make a fringed flower.

Here you can see the cuts I made to the tape - getting it ready to make a flower

Here is the finished headband - I will add some velcro to the ends so it can be wrapped around the head!

Here is a close up of the flower- right now is held with duck tape - when I get home I will use my hi temp hot glue - it's a two piece flower that i made.  Hope you like this project - I will have my daughter try it out and hope that it works the way I imagined it.

Comments

  1. nice, nice, nice. You have just given me a fabulous idea. TFS
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that - please make sure to share your idea!!! I make bracelets too with water bottles and duck tape - just made some beads using a straw and a coffee stir straw too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,
    I recognize those non-stick Westcott scissors and craft knife. Nice project! I too have been known to craft at lunch at work. Sometimes you're just itching to be creative during a boring day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, yes I love westscott products I got their tools from the carft socials I went to! they are my everything scissors, love how you can can cut everything with these - even denim - and I mean like up to four pieces of denim at the same time - I have to craft at work - when I can't I watch My Craft TV!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings