Festive Friday Hop!!!!

Good morning everyone and welcome to the second Festive Friday Blog Hop 2012.   It has been a challenge for me to create Christmas cards when Valentines day is so close and all you see everywhere is heart decorations and Christmas is so far away, but it was so nice to give out the cards I made last year to my friends and family, now I get to make a lot more and more people will get these. 


Hope you enjoy looking at all the cards made by everyone, so please make sure you  start at the beginning of the hop -  So make sure you start with Terri's site  http://terrisproul.blogspot.com/2011/11/festive-friday.html.


Did you come here from http://www.stinkydogdesigns.blogspot.com/ ?, if not please go back and start from the beginning. 

So I got a personal die cutting machine, and decided to play with it - after all it is my first time I make my own shapes - I had the chance to play around with some ink pads, some other products to make these cards.  I've been told all my life that practice makes perfect so I'm looking forwards to practicing a lot, using new products and techniques to make more cards.   Hope you like these - I sure had fun making them.

I got to use the cutting machine to make the flowers and the green swirls to represent a  Christmas tree - the rest are stickers, used some ink pads in blue and green and 3D crystal color lacquer used on the flowers (blue) and in the center of the tiny little stars

For this card I only used gold stickers,  hand wrote merry christmas in red ink, some ink pads in blue  and the 3D crystal color lacquer was used to color in all the areas on the sticker that are not gold or white irridecent - used pink, purple, green and blue lacquer

For this card I used the cutting machine to make the sled and the ornament - the rest are stickers, and  I also used the 3D crystal color lacquer in pink/red, blue, and green 

I used the die cutting machine to make the trees on this card, used some  white pigment ink and embossing powder for the snow, some silver and white ink to stamp the snow flakes and the 3D crystal color lacquer  in red, blue, and green

Here are the products and machine I used to make these cards, not  included here are the different types of paper used and the embossing powder and heat gun.

Well that's it for now - feel free to leave me a comment and thank you for stopping by, now please  make sure to stop at Diane Tuggle's blog http://stampininthevilliage.blogspot.com/ and if you get lost make sure to go to the side bar, I have a list of everyone that is taking place on this fun hop.  To all have a great, fun and creative weekend. 





Comments

  1. Love all you did with your die cutting machine!!!!! Your cards are great.. I love the swirl Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty cards but the ones with the swirls representing the Christmas tree is my favourite. Great job Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria love them all.. what wonderful cards.. they are all so pretty..
    hugs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy ! Great cards!!! Thinking I feel a scrap lift coming on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you, giving that die cutter a WORKOUT! Neat cards, my favorite too is the Christmas tree one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swirls! Great cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings