Guitar String Jewelry

This is the bracelet I made for him - when he challenged me - he was very happy with it.
My son has been playing guitar since like 2003 or earlier - one day he came to me and said lets see how creative you are!  I was playing my guitar and busted some strings, here make me something I can wear or use with the strings.  Well I accepted his  challenge and he was just happy to get this awesome bracelet - that is what he said.  I've done other things like cross necklaces and rings, and earrings and well you get the picture.
Here are some photos - let me know what you think.
Here is a pendant I made using the guitar strings along with a  glass bead and a silver cross

Here are two of my flower rings made using the guitar strings to make the flowers - I did made some simple bands for men, but have no photo to show

Here is a photo of my cross necklace I used the guitar strings to make the cross

and last but not least - my earrings - the guitar strings were used to make the hoop, added some beadalon non-tarnish silver wire, a glass bead and silver chain (beadalon)

There are still a lot more projects to create with the strings he bring to me often.   He has not challenge me again, he knows I will always do something with whatever he gives me - that is what he told me.   He's funny and loves creating music as much as I love creating new jewelry designs.

Feel free to leave me a comment!!! 


Comments

  1. These are so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing them, Maria!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling is Fun and Creative!!!

Handmade Holiday Ornament Swap with Charity Wings